Tuesday, May 22, 2007

 

So...

GOSENS???

Comments:

Comrie vs. Pronger? More like GONBA.
 


Fuck, I forgot about Comrie. How about the NHL cancels the season so as to appease the American television audience?
 


Do what I do if you like (or non-hate) a team with one exception--Hope he gets arrested before the series and spends it in jail for DUI or soliciting sheep or something. Now granted, that works out a LOT better with the NFL... :)
 


Sens in 6. Pronger in never.
 


Forget it. I'm just gonna go with the season never happening. I'll always look back fondly on the lockout of 2006/2007.
 


I cannot for the life of me understand this Senator-madness sweeping the nation.

How can people say "Go Ottawa" and look at themselves in the mirror? Did nobody else pay a boatload of taxes last month?
 


With any luck Pronger and Comrie will collide causing a miniature black hole to form on the ice sucking both of them into oblivion thus bringing balance to the universe.

But I'm guessing in the end I'll just end up swearing at the TV like usual...
 


GOINJURIES.
 


Are Mike Fisher and Christoph Schubert tax collectors - I must have missed that one.

Have to cheer for the Sens if only for the fact that I am sick and tired of the Cup being won by teams with a fanbase of around thirty to forty thousand people, if that.

Sorry Earl.
 


hey its ok 2 like ottawa now because we have steve harper in power there so the city doesnt suck anymore. iagree if it was martin or chretien or any other of those ratfuck taxandspenders then i would be pissing on redden's face and cheering for pronger.

but since that's not the case, GOTTAWA!!!
 


Nice to the conservative cowboys still riding the range in the Flame/Oilogosphere.
 


Er, nice to *see*, that should read.
 


Have to cheer for the Sens if only for the fact that I am sick and tired of the Cup being won by teams with a fanbase of around thirty to forty thousand people, if that.

Sorry Earl.


No problem, I don't root for Kariya much either. And I think you're being generous on your fan count, by the way.
 


GOMILIOESTEVEZ!?
 


Comrie has eaten a fair share of humble pie this past coupla seasons. Bounced around unwanted. He's playing fourth line ES minutes (don't let anyone convince you he is the third line) and very little in tight games in the third period.

He might get to lift the cup -- but compare and contrast the roles of he versus Horcoff in their respective cup runs.
 


He might get to lift the cup -- but compare and contrast the roles of he versus Horcoff in their respective cup runs.

Sure, but do you honestly think he's been humbled by it all? I doubt it. Remember, he'd get the Cup for a day, and would likely bring it back here. It was bad enough knowing that Ward, Commodore and Whitney had it in the area last year. Imagine the smug, shit-eating grin Comrie would have on his face as he strolled around Edmonton Brick stores with it. Plus, there'd be some puff piece by Matheson or Jones where'd he'd make some snide remark about how low-class this city was for not kissing his Munchkin ass all the time or something. God, I'm all worked up just thinking about it, and I haven't even allowed myself the thought of Pronger hoisting it.

This year never happened.
 


I cannot for the life of me understand this Senator-madness sweeping the nation.

Let me be clear: my post was simply an "anybody but Pronger" post. I could give two shits about the Sens otherwise, and this whole "I'm cheering for the Canadian team" stuff is bunk.
 


Who gives a shit about Comrie, really? Was he a vital cog who's departure ripped a hole in this club from which it will never recover? Hardly. That honour belongs to CFP and his enablers. Come on. Hating Ottawa because of that little pipsqueak Comrie is not quite as stupid as hating it "cuz thatz where iz taxez goze," but it's close.
 


quack quack quack. that is all. i have my own reasons.
 


GOULFSAMUELSSON. He can freelance, or be a linesman or something. Yeah.

Sens in 6. Fuck the Ducks.
 


Black Dog said...
Are Mike Fisher and Christoph Schubert tax collectors - I must have missed that one.


No kidding. What the heck are they putting in the water in Alberta these days anyway?

I'm picturing E.L. Smith himself grinding crazy pills... and handing every second one to Kevin Lowe.
 


GOMARCHANT.

That, and a Ducks win will give me another excuse to chirp about how everybody except me and Brian Burke underrates Giguere, and how 2003 wasn't an outlier, etc., etc., etc.

Man, I feel sorry for people who talk to me on a regular basis.
 


No kidding. What the heck are they putting in the water in Alberta these days anyway?

Hell if I know. Good thing I have a tap filter.
 


If I was a Flames fan, I'd be all about the Ducks considering that for people with a clue who can't get over the awful return that the Oilers received, him winning a Cup while we finish last in the NW again in '08 just feels terrible.

It's funny though that people don't seem to be supporting the Sens like they did with the Oil and Flames before them. In '04 I was disgusted with all the people that cheered for Cgy and last spring I couldn't believe the number of people who were rooting for the Oil. On the one hand I can see Pat's point when he says it's best for a Cup to go to a fan base that you couldn't fit in Fenway Park but I wonder would him and everyone else feel the same way if the Rangers were playing the Ducks?
 


daniel said...

GOINJURIES.

At first I read this as "Groinjuries" and rotf laughing my fao.
 


Dennis:

Actually yes I would.

I can't believe I actually said that but its true.

I must be getting old. I'd be happy with a 24 team league.

Hell, I'd be happy with a 16 team league.

Contract them all.

Or move them to where people care.

We'll start with Nashville.

Go BlueBerry Guy!
 


My point remains that if you have negative feelings about a city, as vast numbers of people do about Ottawa (or Calgary, for that matter) then its perfectly acceptable to cheer against them. In fact, Ottawa presents an easier case to cheer against than the average team. If you want to trash Vancouver or Winnipeg or some such burg, you have to either find some undesirable quirk about its populace (Vancouver fans are awfully obnoxious for a team that never wins a Cup) or else invent one (Winnipeg Blue Bomber fans cause the Red River to flood). This is Ottawa, and its populace is already made up mostly of bureaucrats, politicians, and journalists. According to IPSOS-Reid, that's the most easily hate-worthy team ever assembled. And I will happily lead a charge of hate against them for precisely that reason.

(When harassed at work for not going Sens-crazy yesterday I actually was able to convince a couple people to leave the bandwagon purely on the "you didn't just finish writing Anaheim a $12,000 cheque" grounds, so its clearly an argument with more sway than "well, Comrie is more humble now")
 


i don't know about you, but I don't mind writing a $12k check to support our boys in afganistan. unlike past years, the money is now being spent wisely under the fiscal prudism of steven harper.

we dont need to support the state of california for any reason. they dont share alberta values. ottawa since 2006 does.
 


"we dont need to support the state of california for any reason. they dont share alberta values. ottawa since 2006 does."

If by Ottawa you mean the government, then maybe. But I can assure you, the people of Ottawa absolutely do not (thank god).
 


But I can assure you, the people of Ottawa absolutely do not (thank god).

Not much of a suprise there. Most of them would meet a nasty and brutish death if the teat of the social welfare state ran dry for any length of time.
 


What the fuck has that child eating enema bag stephen harper got to do with supporting the Sens. If anything I am more inclined to support a state that at least has the decency to elect people that used to lie for a living.
 


heh oh wait one has a leader that used to lie for a living and the other has one that currently lies for a living. Ah well go ducks
 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?