Friday, October 27, 2006

 

Gretzky Is Denied. Choked On The Open Net!



We are a go for the inaugural BoA/CoI Oilogosphere street hockey game in The City of Champions. Game time is tomorrow, Saturday, October 28th, 1 p.m., at the rink behind Lister Hall on the UofA Campus. We currently have around 15 men and women who are going to be playing, as well as an official photographer in Mr. Cosh. How hardcore are our players? Well, one fine gentleman who is in town from Chicago is even coming out to play! And no, it's not Dale Tallon looking for a first line centreman.

If you wish to balm the humiliating burn of the last two Oiler defeats, and are interested in playing, please email Pleasure Motors and me today. Addresses are coveredinpleasure@gmail.com, and andygrabia@gmail.com. As well, we openly encourage any puck bunnies, male or female, who just want to come down and watch the game, to do so. I've already set up my net and my targets, and have been practicing my snap shot. My performance tomorrow is going to be something that people won't want to miss.



Two other items for today. First off, can anyone tell me why Technorati is not pinging our site? I claimed our blog, it's on the Blogger listings, but yet Technorati says we haven't posted in over 300 days. I think we all know that isn't true. Any help would be appreciated. Secondly, I just have to note that when I read Cosh's post about the Coyotes selling their arena name to Jobing.com, I automatically assumed it was referring to the Biblical character Job. You know, "The Lord giveth, and the Lord hath taken away." I just assumed it was a clever new term to denote human suffering. For example, "the Great One is going to be Jobing it for the next five years in Phoenix." Turns out I was wrong--it's an employment recruitment company--but I think my heart was in the right place.

I still can't believe we lost to the Coyotes. It's like being swept by the Kansas City Royals, or beaten by the Washington Generals.

Comments:

Hypothetically speaking, if a Flames fan happened to be in Edmonton tomorrow and wanted to come out, would you let them play? Or would you banish them to the sidelines to be the scorekeeper (although as a Flames fan they wouldn't be used to counting very high, so you'd have to have the games only go to 5 or something)...
 


Ditto what Cosh said...

Half-joking aside, Randy, you are more than welcome to come by. I'll just make sure you are not playing on my team. :) Email me and I'll add you to our little list. As long as you can tolerate the friendly ribbing...
 


You know, in the hundred times I've seen that clip, I'd never realized Myers says "Gump Worsley cuts off the angles" before.
 


Hopefully the weather won't be as shitty for you tomorrow as it was tonight.
 


Have a good one tomorrow Oliogospherites. Watch out for Grabia's left hook. He'll probably be wearing his 'ole #27 and he'll be looking to grab your collar, turtle, and rain down the haymakers. Just tickle his tummy and he'll cave. And watch his snap-shot.

Can't wait to see the pics.
 


I had the same Biblical reflex and I've only ever read a few chapters of the thing.
 


As for Technorati, use the Support link on their site and send an email to their tech staff. Sometimes they have to manually add a site to their listings, and then once that happens (a couple weeks, likely) you're off and running. At least that's what happened in my case...
 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?