Tuesday, April 18, 2006


Oilers Playoff Schedule

The Oilers-Red Wings playoff schedule has finally been announced, and Datsyuk gets one day less injury rest than expected.

Mountain Daylight Time, of course

Game 1: Friday at Detroit, 5 p.m.
Game 2: Sunday at Detroit, 11 a.m.
Game 3: Tuesday, April 25 at Edmonton, 8 p.m.
Game 4: Thursday, April 27 at Edmonton, 7:30 p.m.
*Game 5: Saturday, April 29 at Detroit, 1 p.m.
*Game 6: Monday, May 1 at Edmonton, 8 p.m.
*Game 7: Wednesday, May 3 at Detroit, 5 p.m.

I know Detroit was resting a few guys tonight (Legace, Lidstrom, Zetterberg), but it's not like they didn't have anything to play for; a win would have tied the 1979-80 Canadiens' streak of 21 straight games with a point.

Instead, the Red Wings end their regular season by getting spanked by the Predators 6-3.

I have no doubt that this will be spun by the Wings faithful as a welcome wake-up call/just what the doctor ordered going into playoffs/great for preventing overconfidence/blah, blah, blah.


Query: We all know that nhl-ers hate afternoon games, but are there any figures on whether they favour the home or away team?


For those (like me) who were having difficulty reconciling those late starts, those are, of course, Eastern Time, no?

They were, but I've updated them to MDT.

I can't speak for the players, but I hate day games. I don't know the actual numbers, but my mind is telling me that the Oilers do very poorly in day games.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Oilers have played two day games this season. One was a 5-4 shootout loss in St. Louis on Feb. 12, and the other was a 3-2 OT win against Nashville in Edmonton on Mar. 5.

Detroit is 6-3-1 in early games this season (3-2-0 at home)

No spin here Sac. We see last night's loss as a certain sign that the Wings are in deep, deep trouble. Losing a meaningless game while resting Zetterberg and Lidstrom? Tragic. Oilers in 4.

It can't help the Oilers to be playing a game at 11am their local time.

In terms of playoff day games...the Oilers are 1-1 in the last 9 years, ie a one goal loss in G6 vs Dal in '97 and a one goal win in G2 in Dallas in '01.

I have to say, for the all important gathering at my place for the first game of the playoffs, I prefer this schedule.

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?