Sunday, February 12, 2006

 

Olympic Break

Whew. The Olympic break couldn't come at a better time for the Oilers. They are beat-up and sucking.

Mac-T might have just put the final nail in the coffin of the Oilers ever getting good goaltending out of M&M. First he pisses off Quimby by pulling him after only two goals. Then he pisses off Jussi by pulling him in overtime.

For the record, I think the OT switch was a terrific move, and I'm sure that I was not alone in yelling at the tee-vee for Mac-T to put the Mayor in net for the shootout - but it still doesn't change the fact that there isn't a goaltender in Edmonton who would be happy putting on an Oilers' sweater right now.

Like the Oilers, I'm taking an Olympic sized break. In fact, I'm off to Jolly Olde England for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to catch some hockey on the telly, but I'm not optimistic. The good news is that I arrive just in time to catch some rather different sporting entertainment. If I come out of it with all of my teeth I'll be a happy man.

Enjoy the break. Ensure that Fenwick doesn't get too big for his britches while I'm away. And Go Canada!

Comments:
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?