Thursday, November 24, 2005

 

Shocking


Comments:

When did we ever have affection for the guy? He's the most irrelevant whipping boy since Bill Buckner. Seriously, if you have a crush on the guy, just tell us.
 


It's true. Have we even heard a word about Iginla, Kiprusoff, the rest of the team that can't score, etc from Matt?
 


Exactly. He spends all his time talking about the Oil. Methinks he doth protest too much.
 


Now boys, there was plenty of Flames' players talk from oily-land in early October.

It's just that Peca's a fun and easy target - mostly because he sucks, but also because Edmonton is paying him so much... presumably to not suck, but you never know.
 


You know, call me crazy, but I haven't minded Peca's play so far this year.

He certainly isn't scoring, but in every other respect he is an upgrade on York. And I still think the scoring will come.
 


I haven't even noticed him, to be honest.
 


Peca hasn't been that bad; the "joke" boils down to a taunt about his salary. As things stand, Edmonton's got a 13-11 record and Calgary's 14-10. Edmonton's payroll stands at $32 million, and Calgary's payroll is $36M. So you tell me which front office spent its money irresponsibly.
 


The Flames may have the advantage in the standings, but the Oilers definitely have the advantage in the blogging department.
 


Just how big a pooch does Peca have to screw to be that bad?.

Among Oiler forwards, only Laraque has fewer goals (Peca's on pace for 4 on the season, by the way), and only Laraque has a worse +/- than Peca's -3. Pisani is a frickin' +10: how is this explicable in any way that's favourable to Peca?

I get that winning 3 faceoffs for every 2 you lose is good, but that alone does not make you an NHL player. And he's getting worse.

If you want to convince me I'm wrong, start by naming an Oiler who takes a regular shift who's less important to the team than Peca.
 


You and your wacky statistics.

Since when did you totally discount qualitative measures of ability.

My goodness, if we were to look at numbers alone, I'm not sure you would have ever seen the court at SWC
 


He's -3 playing directly, and almost exclusively, against the other team's deadliest individual weapon every night. If he's not on the roster, his minutes get transferred to who exactly?--Kyle Brodziak? We're 24 games into the season. And the Oilers, Peca and all, are outscoring the Flames by almost a half-goal per game.

There's one Bible quote that needs to go up on this weblog. "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." I hardly need to add that it's from the book of Matthew.
 


What discounting qualitative abilities? I'm saying the guy stinks.

Just Wednesday, I watched him qualitatively pass the puck right to Minnesota for the tying goal in the 3rd period. (Deadly individual weapon Pascal Dupuis scored, with the assist to deadly individual weapon Randy Robitaille).

Tough for me to win around here. If I say something mean about the Oil, I'm a hypocrite. If I say something nice, or neutral, I'm a closet fan. I think I'd rather be a hypocrite.

And I have no idea why I ever got on the court at Sir Winston. I had no intangibles I can think of; it must have been for comic relief.
 


What ever made you think that you could win around here? Speaking of which, where's your sidekick d-mac?
 


>Speaking of which, where's your sidekick d-mac?

D-Mac is to Matt what that little bird thing was to Jabba the Hut.
 


Thats awesome, I know D-mac and he is going to go off on this. I can't wait, its going to be brilliant.

As for Matt, I think his Peca-envy can be traced back to his childhood, but that is between him and his shrink, so lets stay out of it.
 


"Tough for me to win around here. If I say something mean about the Oil, I'm a hypocrite. If I say something nice, or neutral, I'm a closet fan."

I love how he actually cannot bring himself to think of an alternative, like as if just hypothetically this weblog was supposed to cover two teams. Apparently they don't teach the fallacy of the excluded middle in them there Ontario universities.
 


Peca sucks.
 


"First line Centre" Langkow sucks.
Same with the other three lines.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?