Tuesday, September 20, 2005

 

Random Stuff

I find it disturbing that tonight's Oilers-Stars game will be televised in Texas but not in Edmonton.

So far, based on Rod and Morely's call, it seems like the guys that need to step up are doing so (Horcoff, Hemsky, Torres, Rita, Schremp).

I also love the sound of BG's offseason training, and I love even more that he recognizes the potential of the new rules to help him:

"But down in the corners, guys can't hold me anymore. With the new rules, I can really help the way I take the puck to the net. In the past, I'd just get frustrated, so I knew I had to be serious, that I had to take advantage of this."


One guy that I really liked last year, and who I'm predicting will make some noise this year, is Edmonton's Own Fernando Pisani. He came out of nowhere (drafted #195) to pot 16 goals and 14 assists in 76 games last season (and basically the same rate the year before in half the number of games). He has terrific hands and would make a nice sleeper pick in any hockey pools.

Comments:
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?